Professional Services and Consulting
September 16, 2020
- Variety of projects across several categories
- Permanent role with work/life balance
- Collaborative team and growth potential
Our client is a well-established business in the South Island where employment there offers excellent professional opportunities, plenty of challenge and job satisfaction. This is an environment where every team member is making a difference, no matter what the nature of their role. Due to growth they are currently looking for a Procurement Specialist within the wider Supply Chain Team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this is an ideal position for someone with good working knowledge and motivated for more as they move along their procurement journey.
You will be heavily involved across different speciality areas and will contribute towards the implementation of procurement strategies and the whole end to end procurement process. Being highly organised with a proactive approach will see you have impact and influence within the team and broader organisation.
This is a multifaceted position where no two days are the same and thinking and acting quickly is required. Your role will see you dealing with a variety of stakeholders so managing and fostering relationships is imperative.
- End-to-end procurement, project management and implementation
- Specification gathering - working with end users to understand requirements and develop into suitable specifications to be published with an RFP/Tender
- RFP/Tender drafting - ensuring that the above specification is reflected in the questions that are being asked of suppliers leading to definable and quantifiable responses
- Organising and running evaluation groups for tender responses
- Contract/commercial negotiations with suppliers
- Advising stakeholders on best procurement processes
- Providing top quality procurement service to a range of customers
- Supporting contract management activities as required
- Effective supplier negotiation and liaison
- Procurement data analysis
- Supplier meetings
- Drafting and finalising contracts
Skill and Experience:
- Solid grounding in contract negotiations to understand the impact of amendments without needing to consult with Legal every time
- Solid procurement experience or outstanding personal attributes if experience is more at a junior level
- Preferably some experience of projects of significant size which will help deal with certain longer to complete projects
- Experience in delivering significant end-to-end procurement processes
- Able to deliver on key elements of an end-to-end procurement processes
- Equipped to manage supplier/stakeholder relationships, commercial contracts and products
- Comfortable working with a range of stakeholders up to and including Executive-level decision makers
- Terttiary and/ or NZCIPS qualifications would be advantageous
- Competitive remuneration package
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Work/ life balance
If this is the next opportunity you have been looking for to bring real value and take your career to the next level with a strong business, then apply now!
For a confidential inquiry contact Matt van Tuinen on 021 998 383
Apply on line at www.echelongroup.co.nz
To be considered you must contact Echelon Group directly as applications through other agencies will not be considered or accepted.