Chief of Sales
Sales and Marketing
September 15, 2020
- Cutting edge business in burgeoning market
- High end nutraceutical products
- Ground floor opportunity for growth
New Zealand Coastal Seafoods (NZCS) is a New Zealand processor, distributor, and exporter of premium seafood products and has recently developed a complementary nutraceutical product range. Their products are sold both direct to consumers and to distributors, restaurants, seafood traders, supermarkets and other retailers in New Zealand, Australia, and Asia.
A firm foundation has been laid through several strategic steps including capital funding, ASX listing, market research, investment in plant and product development. International supply and distribution agreements have also been secured and will support current strong exponential growth and with future expansion and a new product line, there is a roadmap in place to be followed.
As such, NZCS now have an opportunity for a new Chief of Sales who will report to the CEO and will in many ways become the face of the company, playing a key part in executing strategy to continue growth, profitability by growing market share and the development of new markets for NZCS.
- The prime purpose of the role is to drive and achieve sales in a manner consistent with the requirements of NZCS' deliverables and budgets
- Working with a range of customer types and channels to market so as to understand customer expectation in each area / channel
- Establishing strategic beachheads in the Asian market and leveraging existing network to both create and maximise sales opportunities
- Working closely with the CEO and providing monthly sales and forecasting reports and analysis with a no surprises approach
- International travel predominantly to Asia but also Europe and USA
Skills and experience:
- The preferred candidate will be an experienced practitioner with a proven track record in sales ideally coming from a Sales and Business Development blended background within Nutraceuticals or Pharmaceuticals
- An existing network, customer base and client lists which could be leveraged
- Knowledge of and experience in marine products would also be advantageous whilst an allied sector background such as Dairy and Nutritionals would also be considered
- International experience and understanding of cultural nuances and ways of doing business particularly in Asia will be advantageous
- Understanding of various licensing and regulatory aspects region by region
- The ability to build relationships, coordinate and lead sales activity with existing and new customers
- Commercially savvy to stay ahead of the curve in terms of analysis of monthly sales reports, anticipating where the gaps and issues are in revenue and provide insight as to not only results but also other sales opportunities
- Articulate with effective presentation and communication skills and the ability to influence people
- High level attention to detail
- Cutting edge business in a burgeoning market
- Motivated team in a positive environment
- Real growth opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
If this is the next opportunity you have been looking for to bring real value with a strong and growing business, then apply now!
To be considered you must contact Echelon Group directly as applications through other agencies will not be considered or accepted.
For a confidential inquiry contact Matt van Tuinen on 021 998 383
Apply on line at www.echelongroup.co.nz
Applications close 14 October 2020
To be considered you must contact Echelon Group directly as applications through other agencies will not be considered or accepted