Senior Mechanical Engineer
Engineering and Construction
July 3, 2020
Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Cutting Edge Bespoke Automated Solutions
- Innovative and Growing NZ Company
- Continuous Upskilling Opportunities
Design Energy delivers tailored and sophisticated engineering solutions to a broad range of New Zealand manufacturers in the design and build of innovative, automated production systems, often incorporating advanced robotics and as a result they are recognized as leaders in industrial automation.
As distributors for two world leading robot brands in New Zealand they are continuously supplying the most recent robotic technology to customers while their extensive background in the design , build and commissioning of production equipment means that they are able to help their customers understand precisely what is needed to satisfy both present and future requirements. Consequently, they typically deliver smarter and better fit-for-purpose solutions than run of the mill "off the shelf" alternatives - one-off, complicated machines which require attitude and drive.
Due to ongoing and accelerating growth, there is a new opportunity for a Senior level Mechanical Engineers to join the business in developing bespoke automation solutions.
Design Energy build one-off, complicated machines so attitude, having the drive for results and focussing on the bottom line are essential factors in your success.
- Custom equipment design of structures, drives and mechanisms
- Supporting Build and Testing of custom equipment (including site support)
- Creating concepts from ground up
- Process Engineering and hardware specification
- Working within client budgets and timeframes
- Project Management as required
- CAD modelling with Solidworks
Skills and experience:
- Solid track record in mechanical engineering and automated industrial machinery design
- Absolute confidence with problems that have no precedent to guide a solution - one-offs, many different industries and applications.
- Design of structures, drives and driven mechanisms
- Experience with the development and deployment of robotic systems advantageous
- Understanding of common manufacturing materials and techniques including machining, fabrication, sheet metal, plastics and casting
- Solid understanding of Pneumatic systems (Hydraulics not essential - removed)
- Some experience in project and resource management
- Ability to deliver both as part of a team and autonomously
- Proven proficiency in Solidworks 3D modelling
- Proactive, inquisitive, solutions focussed mindset
- Organised with strong self-management skills
- Self-assured and able to contribute ideas
- Persistent with high attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Outcome oriented and high work ethic
- A track record of over-achieving on goals
- Is constantly and consistently a top performer
- Very bottom-line oriented and commercial acumen
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Ambitious with an entrepreneurial spirit
- High level of enthusiasm and energy
- Original and bespoke engineering projects
- More end-to-end involvement in project; less pigeon holing
- Part of an industry leading organisation
- Motivated team with a great culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career growth potential
If this is the next opportunity you have been looking for to bring real value and take your career to the next level with a strong and growing business, then apply now!
For a confidential enquiry contact Matt van Tuinen on 021 998 383
Apply on line at www.echelongroup.co.nz
Applications close 22 August 2020
To be considered you must contact Echelon Group directly as applications through other agencies will not be considered or accepted.